You Break It Then You Buy It ……
By tophatal ………
So we’re now told that the Tim Tebow era is about to begin in Denver with the Denver Broncos . The team under coach John Fox has a number of issues to deal with beyond the poor play of the players and in particular Kyle Orton . The AFC West is now up for grabs and if anything the Broncos it can be said , are playing for their very existence and livelihood. The Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers appear to be the presumptive favorites for the divisional title and both teams look set to steer themselves further ahead of the lowly Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs .
Now clearly the Denver Broncos and John Elway the team’s President and Head of Football Operations , this now becomes a situation rife with dangers as well improbable risks . The team has divest itself of perhaps their most potent offensive weapon in Brandon Lloyd , who they traded to the St Louis Rams where he reacquaints himself with Broncos’ former head coach Josh McDaniels who is now the offensive coordinator for the Rams.
From my own standpoint the controversy surrounding Tim Tebow’s play stems squarely from the fact that he was ill prepared by then Florida Gators’ coach Urban Meyer . No one seems to make mention of this rather they choose to harangue the player for what they believe he lacks as the quintessential and prototypical NFL quarterback. The player’s career at the collegiate level says a great deal about him as a leader and his will to win . There are those who would seek to simply apportion blame elsewhere rather than take in a number of factors rather than looking at what is plainly obvious for everyone to see . Meyer is by no means without blame for this but so too are I believe are the Broncos’ coaching staff and front office . Granted, Josh McDaniels drafted the player but isn’t it a fact that is up to the coaching staff to prepare the players for the rigors of the NFL and the overall expectations ? This is an all-round situation where there are a number of parties who ought to be looking themselves in the mirror at present . Personally , I feel that the youthful exuberance of Tebow has been misguided in thinking his sheer will to win would be enough to make him an NFL ready quarterback. But herein lies the caveat , with the ever present belief that win now and win at any costs the teams and the fans feel that fleeting or lack of success simply isn’t enough. And in the case of the Denver Broncos success in recent years has neither been fleeting or for that matter perennial .
The Denver Broncos (1-5) are guests of the lowly and win-less Miami Dolphins (0-5) at Sun Life Stadium , in Miami on Sunday afternoon. The two opposing teams within the AFC who are rudderless and seem to heading in the same direction . For the head coaches in this meeting , John Fox and Tony Sparano are two individuals on the edge and it is quite that a loss for either could have severe repercussions for their respective franchises.
There is little to take comfort in with regard to this Broncos’ team and their woefully inept form over the course of this season . It certainly isn’t as if they have been in with a chance of even playing with any sort of consistent rhythm throughout the course of their schedule. Over the remaining nine games of the season Tim Tebow will have to simply prove himself worthy as the starting quarterback of this Broncos’ team . The viable options beyond Brady Quinn and , Kyle Orton aren’t all that enviable . The issues on the teams are rife and it will be up to Elway and Fox to seek out those remedies and to fix them quickly , if the Denver Broncos are to have any chance of resurrecting their season somehow . If not then we shall see the this team’s fall from grace continue unabated . Never a good thing for an NFL franchise seeking to make its presence felt within the league !
Picture gallery for your perusal .
Do you feel that there is blame to go around concerning not only the Broncos’ front office but also with regard to Tim Tebow’s career and that of Tebow’s tutelage under Urban Meyer ? By all means do leave a comment as to your thoughts on the points raised within this piece.
Alan aka tophatal ………….
Picture and slide show details below .
(1) MIAMI GARDENS, FL – OCTOBER 23: Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos carries the ball against Cameron Wake (91) of the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images ………….
(2) Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos passes against the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images …….
(3) Former Head Coach of the University of Florida Gators Urban Meyer speaks during a ceremony honoring the 2008 NCAA Champions at halftime of the game between the Miami Dolphins and the Denver Broncos at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images …………….
(4) MIAMI GARDENS, FL – OCTOBER 23: Head Coach Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins disputes a call during the game against the Denver Broncos at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images) ……
(5) MIAMI GARDENS, FL – OCTOBER 23: Matt Prater (5) of the Denver Broncos kicks the game winning field goal in overtime against the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. The Broncos overcame a 15-0 deficit to defeat the Dolphins 18-15 in overtime . Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images ………..
(6) MIAMI GARDENS, FL – OCTOBER 23: Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos heads off the field after the game against the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images …
(7) Quarterback Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos dives against the Miami Dolphins to end the game to overtime at Sun Life Stadium on October 23, 2011 in Miami Gardens, Florida. Denver defeated Miami 18-15 . Photo by Marc Serota/Getty Images …….
Head coach John Fox