He Who Speaks With Fork Tongue Could He Be Presumed To Be A Liar ?
Though the two are said to be seated firmly on the sidelines at present , each in the employ of ESPN respectively as a college football and NFL analyst , I have to say without a doubt I fully expect both Jon Gruden and Urban Meyer to make a return to the coaching ranks ! Granted , as the College Football and NFL season winds down there will be mounting speculation as to which vacancies are likely to come up and which of the duo will be sought out as a prospective candidate .
Slideshow for your perusal .
To my mind I feel that both Gruden and Meyer are eager to return be it at the collegiate level or within the NFL and therein lies the premise for either of these two former coaches . Neither wants to be viewed as being deceitful as to their ambitions . Meyer a two time BCS national champion with the Florida Gators left that program under somewhat dubious circumstances . And even though the former coach stated that he had health issues at the time even the most ardent of the fans of the school found it hard to believe . He may well have been burnt out quite possibly he knew that after the departure of Tim Tebow to the ranks of the NFL he most definitely knew that the program would be on the decline . That asides , with Will Muschamp hired to succeed Meyer the Florida Gators this season seem to have fallen by the wayside amongst their SEC – – — rivals .
Will Muschamp has guided this team as best he can along with his coaching staff but that should not detract from the results attained this season by the program. AD Jeremy Foley has to be pleased by what has been achieved by his hire , albeit that the expectations may well have fell short of previous seasons . However , it would be remiss to think that a 6-5 record with their final regular season game scheduled at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium , Gainesville , Florida against bitter instate rivals Florida State (FSU Seminoles) won’t have that added bite and thrill to it .
With Urban Meyer being an Ashtabula , Ohio native and the lackluster season (6-5 ) that was had by Ohio State (Buckeyes) under first year coach Luke Fickle there seems to be growing speculation that an approach will be made by AD Gene Smith to gauge the interest of Meyer as the football team next season . It may well be seen as an affront to Fickle and his coaching staff but given the expectations of the school each season , nothing that the athletics department or faculty under the tenure of school president Dr E Gordon Gee would now seek to do would now come as a complete surprise to me at all ! These are the very same bumbling oafs who stood by as Jim Tressel seemingly lied about much of the malfeasance perpetrated during his tenure as the football coach . Never mind the fact that in the midst of it all Terrelle Pryor on an off campus was proving to be an imbecilic malcontent and a liar .
I personally believe that if Urban Meyer were to return to the collegiate ranks of football then the vacancy that he is most likely to accept is that of being the head coach at Penn State (Nittany Lions ) . But with all the ongoing turmoil on the campus and the uncertainty concerning what measures of punishment that could very well be meted out not only by the NCAA , Department of Education and quite possibly the justice system within the state of Pennsylvania . The school’s handling of this mess with the dismissal of Joe Paterno , former university president Gary Spanier , former AD Tim Curley and the departure of former Finance Director & University VP Gary Schultz leaves an uncomfortable taste in one’s mouth . A cover up of this magnitude and not one of the individuals in the midst of it all has acted appropriately . Credibility and integrity was simply thrown out the window while this sinister scandal was swept under the carpet . Now as they saying goes ” it has now come back to bite them in the proverbial ass ” and not a moment too soon ! Jerry Sandusky for his part and the ineptitude now being shown by the state’s justice system makes this whole episode beyond comical but simply one where idiocy on this scale makes you wonder what the hell were they thinking from the very beginning ? Even the actions now , of the state governor —- Tom Corbett now has to come into question but there again where can you find an honest politician nowadays ? If anything it would be better for Meyer to bide his time and let this whole debacle play itself out . One way or another , newly incumbent AD Dave Joyner will make come to decision as to who will likely succeed the now disgraced Joe Paterno on a permanent basis. And I am sure that both Urban Meyer and Jon Gruden will be on his radar as the hiring of a profiled and well known coach would bring back stability to a now disgraced program !
With Gruden at present sharing the on air duties for ESPN’s Monday Night Football alongside co-hosts Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski as well as adding his insight as an analyst knows that whenever a high profiled coaching position is bound to come up his name will be associated with it . And this off-season within the NFL Jon Gruden knows that his name will be on the lips of a number of general managers and team owners around the league . So as of now it is pick your poison and start the the ongoing speculation as to which NFL franchise might seek out his services . I get the feeling that with the downward spiral of the San Diego Chargers’ – – – season GM A . J . Smith and team president Dean Spanos could very well be looking at the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ coach as a likely successor to the intellectually impoverished Norv Turner . But while that is happening don’t be at all surprised if Jacksonville Jaguars’ owner Wayne Weaver and GM Gene Smith make Gruden an offer he seemingly can’t refuse . Jack Del Rio please do something to convince me that you are still capable of coaching within the NFL ? Is that really too much to ask at this juncture ?
Given what I have witnessed within the NFL this season in terms of the performances of the coaches it could very well lead to a number of them being shown the door once the regular season and postseason comes to an end . You can bank on that for sure as there are now a number of team owners and general managers who are none too happy with their current coach . Mark my word , it’s going to get real bloody during the off-season as the carnage begins .
This past weekend as it was the Thanksgiving and the festivities associated with this holiday as a precursor to Christmas I chose to take some time way from blogging . I spent that time visiting friends and family in South Florida catching up on old times and things anew . OK so for some innate reason fans are said to be happy that the NBA will return but with a shortened schedule of some 66 games , with a postseason as per usual . Anyone with an ounce of common sense will know that the league hierarchy and union haven’t really achieved anything at all , as they are merely using a Band Aid to cover up a gaping bullet wound to the gut that is still bleeding profusely ! Commissioner David Stern and his deputy Adam Silver simply knew that the issue had already began to phase the team owners to the extent where in private they had begun to question the commissioner’s sense of urgency in resolving the matter to everyone’s satisfaction . 147 days later and countless million lost in league revenues and in reality neither side has anything tangible to show for this so called “dispute” . Certainly not from a labor or economic standpoint , in spite of the claims being made by both sides.
Anyone who simply feels that NBPA President Derek Fisher , and Executive Director Billy Hunter and the union’s executive committee are entirely happy with their lot , then they really do need to read in between the lines as to many of the so called facets of this agreement . It simply hasn’t at all addressed any of the real inherent issues that the game faces and in reality it simply allows to the teams to carry on as usual .
From my own standpoint , without a hard and fast salary cap and now the idiocy of a luxury tax will in no way deter the big market teams who will continue to spend capriciously as they pursue on field success . It is not as if many of these teams have spent wisely to begin with never mind the exorbitant salaries being paid to many of the so called superstars within the NBA . Somehow , the fans will be lulled into believing that there now seems to be peace within the league ? My question to both the hierarchy and the union is … how long ?
Over the past few years I think that we can all say as NFL fans we have witnessed some egregious behavior on the part of the players both and off the field . But I seriously doubt that any of of us who had the privilege of witnessing the Detroit Lions’ meltdown and the lack of sportsmanship shown by Ndamokung Suh can excuse the player’s behavior when he maliciously stomped on the forearm and bicep of an opponent the Green Bay Packers’ ( 11-0) — Evan Dietrich-Smith as he lay on the ground during the game . No amount of excuses from the Lions’ player can hide the very fact that his actions were not only dangerous but plainly put , they were premeditated and showed Suh’s lack of candor and maturity ! That in of itself, is one thing but the mere fact that neither Jim Schwartz or GM Martin Mayhew have sought to take action against the player internally simply speaks to the added insult for those who witnessed this incident . My question would be , had this action ended with Dietrich-Smith being kicked in the head wherein the player suffered a concussion ….. would there be any type of outcry or outrage ? Now we are being told that the NFL hierarchy will review the incident before meting out any type of formal punishment being levied against Ndamukong Suh . The player , having issued somewhat of less than contrite apology , has simply stated that he will continue to play in a way that necessitates or brings about a victory for his team . Well, if that includes subjecting an opponent on his part to willful and malicious harm then the NFL does not need a player of Suh’s caliber within its midst . Football (NFL) may well be an adversarial and gladiatorial battle on the field of play but nowhere in the rule book does it suggest that players are sent out to inflict willful harm on opponent merely as a way of seeking their own recourse .
Let’s put this bitch out of his misery ! Suh stomps on the Packers’ Evan Dietrich Smith during the the Thanksgiving Day game between the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers . Ndamukong Suh reluctant at first to apologize for what was an unprovoked attack would later of offer up a less than contrite apology . The player has already been penalized financially this season for unsportsmanlike conduct but his latest action has ran the gamut of scorn and repugnance from the NFL analysts and fans alike . And why not as the has actions were rash and stupid which could have resulted in a far more serious injury for the Packers’ player Evan Dietrich-Smith. Andrew Webber/ Presswire @ copyrighted material all rights reserved . …. .
Thankfully , justice was served with the player (Suh) being ejected and the Packers led by prospective league MVP Aaron Rodgers coming away with a thoroughly convincing win (27-15) against an over-matched Detroit Lions’ team . At this juncture , I am not about to suggest that the wheels have fallen of the Lions’ wagon but suffice to say one or quite possibly two or more losses could in effect put their season jeopardy with regard to making the playoffs . At 7-4 and 5-1 within the NFC any misstep by Jim Schwartz’s players could lead to the Detroit Lions being on the outside looking in at the end of the regular — season .
Picture gallery for your perusal .
What thoughts if any do you have on the salient points raised within this piece ? Simply leave a comment as you would deem fit .
Picture and slide show details below .
(1) From left to right , Mike Tirico , Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski who provide ESPN’s on air analysis and commentary for Monday Night Football . Gruden remains a likely candidate to fill any potential NFL team — vacancy that is likely to come up during the off season . AP Photo / Mitch Murray ….
(2) Former Florida Gators’ coach Urban Meyer , currently an ESPN college football analyst . There is now mounting speculation that the analyst will relinquish his duties with the broadcast network to succeed —- Luke Fickle as the next head football coach of Ohio State . No formal announcement has been made by AD Gene Smith or university president Dr E Gordon Gee . But as the rumors abound across the college football landscape it is becoming increasing unlikely that Meyer can continue to deny the rumors and the alleged speculatory nature of a visit that is said to have taken place with the athletics department of Ohio State concerning the position . AFP Photos ….
(3) ANN ARBOR, MI – NOVEMBER 26: Head coach Luke Fickell of the Ohio State Buckeyes looks on from the sideline while playing the Michigan Wolverines at Michigan Stadium on November 26, 2011 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Michigan won the game 40-34 . Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images …
(4) Denard Robinson (16) of the Michigan Wolverines tries to get around the tackle of Ryan Shazier (10) of the Ohio State Buckeyes at Michigan Stadium on November 26, 2011 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Michigan won the game 40-34 . Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images ….
(5) Matt Prater (5) of the Denver Broncos kicks the winning field goal against the San Diego Chargers as Britton Colquitt (44) celebrates and Eric Weddle (32) of the Chargers looks on during the Broncos 16-13 overtime win in their NFL Game on November 27, 2011 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California (Photo by Donald Miralle/Getty Images) ….
(6) ….Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (15), right, talks with San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) after an NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011 in San Diego. The Broncos won 16-13 . AP Photo/Denis Poroy ….
(7) FILE – In this Nov. 14, 2011, file photo, surrounded by NBA basketball players, Billy Hunter, right, executive director of the National Basketball Players Association Billy Hunter, right, speaks to the media as Players Association president Derek Fisher, left, listens during a news conference in New York. NBA owners and players reached a tentative agreement early Saturday, Nov. 26, 2011, to end the 149-day lockout and hope to begin the delayed season with a marquee tripleheader Dec. 25th 2011. AP Photo/Seth Wenig ….
(8) NEW YORK, NY – NOVEMBER 26: The clique of idiots within the NBA ! (L-R) Maurice Evans , Derek Fisher, Billy Hunter, NBA Commissioner David Stern, NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, and Peter Holt speak to members of the press to announce a tentative labor agreement to end the 149-day lockout on November 26, 2011 in New York City. Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images ….
(9) Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz talks with defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (90) as he leaves the field being disqualified in the third quarter of an NFL football game against the Green Bay Packers at Ford Field in Detroit. The Packers won 27-15 . Suh was ejected from the game after he stepped on a Packers offensive lineman. AP Photo/The Detroit News, Robin Buckson ….
(10) DETROIT, MI – NOVEMBER 24: Aaron Rodgers (12) of the Green Bay Packers talks with head coach Mike McCarthy during the third quarter of the game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on November 24, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. The Packers defeated the Lions 27-15. Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images …..
(11) DETROIT, MI – NOVEMBER 24: Aaron Rodgers (12) of the Green Bay Packers roles out to pass during the game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on November 24, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. The Packers defeated the Lions 27-15. Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images ….
(12) DETROIT, MI – NOVEMBER 24: Defensive end Ndamukong Suh (9)0 of the Detroit Lions argues with referee Terry McAulay (77) after Suh is ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike conduct in the third quarter against the Green Bay Packers during the Thanksgiving Day game at Ford Field on November 24, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images …….
(13) Let’s put this bitch out of his misery ! Suh stomps on the Packers’ Evan Dietrich Smith during the the Thanksgiving Day game between the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers . Ndamukong Suh reluctant at first to apologize for what was an unprovoked attack would later of offer up a less than contrite apology . The player has already been penalized financially this season for unsportsmanlike conduct but his latest action has ran the gamut of scorn and repugnance from the NFL analysts and fans alike . And why not as the has actions were rash and stupid which could have resulted in a far more serious injury for the Packers’ player Evan Dietrich-Smith. Andrew Webber/ Presswire @ copyrighted material all rights reserved . …. .
Hot chic pic of the day ……… Rachelle Leah .
Now you know how the The Three Bears felt . Who’s this sleeping in a bed ? Definitely not Goldilocks that’s for sure ! It’s Rachel Leah . Yowzah !