It’s Wayne’s World …….. It’s Wayne’s World And The Poor Jaguars’ Fans Have Had To Endure It ! …….
I can’t say that I am at all surprised by the firing of Jacksonville Jaguars’ (3-8) coach Jack Del Rio ! I certainly do know this , Del Rio won’t be the only managerial casualty of the 2011-2012 season . Norv Turner , Tony Sparano and Steve Spagnuoulo are just three of the other names who could certainly bite the dust at season’s end . Jaguars’ owner is Wayne Weaver is either a misguided fool or simply someone who knew that at the end of the day the gig was up concerning his beleaguered coach . What however , might be more bewildering is the very fact that he offered an contract extension to team GM Gene Smith . Pardon me for saying this , but as a duo, Del Rio and Smith were ineffective when it came to spotting and nurturing talent and the organization’s continued pratfalls as comical as they may well have seemed bore the hallmark of a duo who simply did not know what the hell they were actually doing . Since Smith’s ascension to the position of general manager in 2009 both and Del Rio have combined to assemble a litany of draft picks that have yet to amount to anything . That being said this has been a woefully inept organization over the past few years . ======================================================== ==============================
Slide show for your perusal .
Some may well point to the fact that the lone bright spot on this current team might be running back Maurice Jones-Drew but by my way of thinking he has labored ? under the weight of expectation while Del Rio and the coaching staff have simply failed to gain any traction and lead the franchise to where they need to be .
With Del Rio’s firing Wayne Weaver had also formally announced that he had agreed in principle to sell the franchise he co-founded and brought into being to Chicago , Illinois businessman Shahid Khan . The prospective new owner pending league approval has stated that he has no intent of relocating the franchise . Personally , from my own standpoint I will believe that when I see it ! At the right price just about anything is possible , albeit that the Jaguars would have to deal with the city of Jacksonville as well as the Duval County government who as co-owners of Everbank Field still have a valid lease with the Jacksonville Jaguars that is not due to expire until 2027 . So any precipitous move prior to some type of formal agreement could very well lead to litigation between the franchise owner and their landlord .
Courtesy of Forbes.com
By Mike Ozania , Forbes Staff , Executive Editor Forbes; co-host Forbes SportsMoney YES Network
Wayne Weaver has sold the Jacksonville Jaguars to Shahid Khan, a Pakistan-born entrepreneur and head of Illinois-based Flex-N-Gate Corp, for $760 million. People familiar with the matter say Kahn used $350 million of debt to finance the deal. In August we said the Jaguars were worth $725 million, last among the National Football League’s 32 teams. But in September Walt Disney-owned ESPN signed a new television deal with the NFL that was 73% more than the previous contract. The Jaguars sale price clearly reflects the boost in television revenue given that the most recent sale prior to the Jaguars were the St. Louis Rams, which were acquired by Forbes 400 member Stan Kroenke in 2010 for $750 million.
The Jaguars play in the NFL’s third-smallest market and Weaver has often had a combative relationship with local politicians over the teams lease at EverBank Field . Last year Weaver cut a deal with the city giving Weaver all of the revenue from the $16.6 million, five-year stadium naming rights agreement with EverBank. The prior agreement gave 25% of the naming rights to the city.
Khan had previously attempted to buy the St. Louis Rams from the children of the late Georgia Frontiere in 2010. But the team was grabbed by Kroenke, who had the right of first refusal to purchase the Rams.
Click unto the link shown to read the article in its entirety . _____________________________________________________________
As Wayne Weaver rides off into the sunset under the misguided belief that the franchise is on the verge in stemming the tide and turning things around I have to ask why did he continue endure with the sheer ineptitude shown by Jack Del Rio as a coach ? Surely he could have seen that the with the record of the organization in 2009 and 2010 what improvements if any , were simple incremental at best , if that at all ! This season within the AFC South and the conference (AFC ) in general the Jacksonville Jaguars along with the embattled Indianapolis Colts (0-11) have been truly embarrassing and in terms of sheer ineptitude they have each sank to all all-time low .
With Jack Del Rio now departed it is now left to interim head coach Mel Tucker to guide the team over the remainder of the regular season . A positive showing from the one time assistant and offensive coordinator and he might well have that interim tag removed with the title of permanent head coach being added. But as we know the impending sale all things may well point to the fact that Khan and Smith might be considered to hire someone outside the organization . And here there would be no influx of likely candidates who might be considered for the position . Amongst the more credible candidates likely to seen as potential invitees are Rob Ryan , Bruce Arians , Joe Philbin , Pete Carmichaels , Greg Roman and perhaps with a high profiled candidate such as Jon Gruden perhaps at the head of the pack . The money and the fact that Gruden would likely wish have ultimate control with regard to all personnel decisions made might just dissuade the front office of the Jaguars from looking at the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ head coach as the likely successor to Jack Del Rio . I have no doubt that Shahid Khan in conjunction with Gene Smith would like to make a big splash in terms of the next hire in order to reflect the organization’s relevance . The Jacksonville Jaguars have had to endure eight painful years under Jack Del Rio with there being little tangible to show during his tenure .
JACKSONVILLE, FL – NOVEMBER 27: Fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars watch the release of 10,000 balloons to end halftime ceremonies during play against the Houston Texans November 27, 2011 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. The Texans won 20 – 13. Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images ….
This season there are a number of players on the Jaguars’ roster who seem to be having sub-par years but if anything many might subscribe to the fact that they have given up on Del Rio and his coaching staff . Certainly , Maurice Jones-Drew , Blaine Gabbert , Deji Karim , Mike Thomas , Marcedes Lewis , Jason Hill , Daryl Smith , Rashean Mathis , Dawan Landry and Paul Posluszny have simply been spinning their wheels aimlessly going nowhere .
Week 13 sees the Jacksonville Jaguars playing hosts to the equally misguided San Diego Chargers (4-7 ) under another presumably ” lame duck coach” , in, Norv Turner . And if the Chargers’ coach is not fired at the end of their now mediocre season then the citizens as part of the “Occupy Wall St Movement” or should organize a proxy organization and demonstrate vociferously for the ouster of Turner and that ” moronic imbecile ” of a general manager A. J Smith ! What these two have allegedly achieved for the organization since their tenure began could be written on the back of a first class stamp and mailed to Timbuktu ! Chargers’ owner Dean Spanos are you that much of an asshole or has it simply been ingrained within your family’s DNA ? God knows this could be a game where no wants actually wants to bear witness to , given the combined ineptitude shown by both teams this season !
It has been clear for all to see that Wayne Weaver simply overestimated the attributes of Jack Del Rio this season and that is even with the advent of the Indianapolis Colts having lost Peyton Manning for their entire 2011 campaign . The AFC South not often thought of as being one of the more glamorous divisions within the NFL much less the AFC had simply become a pick ’em as to the likelihood of an outright winner to succeed the Colts whose domain the division had become perennially over the years .
This season however the AFC South seems to be the Houston Texans’ (8-3 ) for the taking albeit that Tennessee Titans (6-5) may well feel that they are in with a chance of turning the table and making the division their very own . But such has been the inconsistency of the teams within the AFC South that it would take a highly skilled bettor to lay odds as to which of the two teams between the Texans and Titans are likely to end up as the divisional champions . Would you be up to the task of picking the undoubted winner ? At this juncture it’s simply anyone’s guess as to what that outcome might just be .
When it is all said and done many will view Wayne Weaver as either a very good NFL franchise owner or simply a franchisee who got lost amongst the rush chasing success only to be fooled into thinking that many of the decisions made at the time just happened to be the right ones . From my own perspective I view Weaver just as any other owner within the NFL whose only visibility beyond his business dealings was to be seen as one of the “darlings” of the league . Now having taken the route of another downtrodden owner his basking in the fact that he felt that the organization is now on the right path having agreed to sell the franchise speaks to his sheer and utter stupidity ! But then again , he now has just over seven hundred million reasons ………….. why he ought to now feel really happy ! Your thoughts ? ============================================== ==================================================
By clicking on an individual frame you can view that picture in its original formatted size. ============================ =====================================================================
Picture gallery for your perusal .
As to the points raised within this piece how do you view the immediate future for the Jacksonville Jaguars ? And do you believe that the recent decisions made by Wayne Weaver were the right ones in terms selling the franchise , the firing of Jack Del Rio and the re-signing of Gene Smith to a three year contract extension ? By all means do leave a comment as you deem fit . 😉 ================================================= =============================
(1) Shahid Khan, seen here with his wife Ann at their home in Chicago , Illinois . The Pakistani native and now naturalized American citizen is said to be the prospective new owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars having purchased the team for a reported $760 million . Khan has promised the fans and the city of Jacksonville that the franchise will not be relocated elsewhere and that he intends to make the organization a success . courtesy of Jaguars.com .
(2) Jacksonville Jaguars interim head coach Mel Tucker chats during an NFL football news conference Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla. Tucker was named to the position after Jack Del Rio was fired by team owner Wayne Weaver Tuesday morning. AP Photo/Rick Wilson ….
(3) New Jacksonville Jaguars interim head coach Mel Tucker, left, listen as general manager Gene Smith answers a question during an NFL football news conference, Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Fla. Tucker was named to the position after Jack Del Rio was fired by team owner Wayne Weaver Tuesday morning. AP Photo/Rick Wilson …..
(4) Jacksonville Jaguars team owner Wayne Weaver is shown during a news conference in Jacksonville, Fla., Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011. The Jaguars will have a new owner and new coach. Weaver is selling the team to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan, and coach Jack Del Rio is fired after a 3-8 start, with defensive coordinator Mel Tucker appointed interim coach. General manager Gene Smith gets a new three-year deal. AP Photo/Rick Wilson …
(5) INDIANAPOLIS, IN – FILE: Head coach Jack Del Rio of the Jacksonville Jaguars watches the action during the game against the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium on November 13, 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana. According to reports on November 29, 2011, the Jacksonville Jaguars have fired head coach Jack Del Rio after nine seasons. Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images …..
(6) FILE – In this Oct. 24, 2011 file photo, A Jacksonville Jaguars fans shows his opinion of head coach Jack Del Rio during an NFL football game against the Baltimore Ravens in Jacksonville, Fla. The Jaguars fired Del Rio, Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011 after a 3-8 start, parting ways with him during his ninth season. AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack ….
(7) Jarett Dillard (87) of the Jacksonville Jaguars attempts to catch a pass during the game against the Houston Texans at EverBank Field on November 27, 2011 in Jacksonville, Florida. The Jaguars would go lose to the Texans 20-13 . Photo by Sam Greenwood/Getty Images ….
(8) Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert (11) is sacked by Houston Texans defensive end Tim Jamison , top, and defensive end J.J. Watt , lower left, during the second half of an NFL football game on Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011, in Jacksonville, Fla. Houston won 20-13. AP Photo/John Raoux …….
(9) JACKSONVILLE, FL – NOVEMBER 27: Maurice Jones-Drew (32) of the Jacksonville Jaguars runs for yardage during the game against the Houston Texans at EverBank Field on November 27, 2011 in Jacksonville, Florida. Photo by Sam Greenwood/Getty Images …….
(10) JACKSONVILLE, FL – NOVEMBER 27: Fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars watch the release of 10,000 balloons to end halftime ceremonies during play against the Houston Texans November 27, 2011 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. The Texans won 20 – 13. Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images …. ========================================================== =========================== 🙂 ————————————————————————————— ————-
NFL week 13 schedule ————————————————————- ——————————————
Jacksonville Jaguars’ team payroll ———————————— ——————————————–
Hot chic pic of the day ….. Monika Pietrasinka . Well hello there !
A little more of Monika for the more discerning eye . If you can’t beat ’em just simply drool !
To the fans in Jacksonville here for your edification …. Beyonce’ … feat’g J Cole .. & … Kanye West … “Party”