And God Created The Earth In Six Days And On The Seventh He Rested …… But It Takes NBA Owner Merely Being Flippant And A Conceited Bastard To Ruin An NBA Franchise …………
By tophatal ….. Wed , 05/02/2012 – 1.19 AM (EST)
I’m sorry but I’ve had it up to here with this bullshit concerning David Stern having such acumen and insight ! In reality , nothing could be further from the truth , as this conceited son of a bitch continues to wreak havoc across the NBA landscape ! The NBA commissioner has simply allowed the Sacramento Kings’ ownership now on the verge of blackmailing the city of Sacramento as they seek to have the municipality , and as the city mayor Kevin Johnson would attest private funding will figuratively pay $391 million for a new venue for a franchise that hasn’t seen any semblance of success in over a decade . Joe and Gavin Maloof have stressed all along that they have acted in good faith in dealing with the city council. But this is not borne out by the council’s addendum records of their meetings with the Maloofs. The one saving grace as it relates to the Kings this past season has been the play of DeMarcus Cousins but beyond that there has simply not been much to write home about .
Slide show for your perusal .
GM Geoff Petrie if anything , has done little to suggest that he has this team .. playing with any semblance of consistency . Now as the postseason runs its course , we now have those teams who simply played no part in the playoffs are now on the outside looking in. At this point I do believe that Kevin Johnson is simply being naive and furthermore , it seems that he has learned not a god-damn thing in the aftermath of the city of Seattle’s dealings with the NBA hierarchy and the surreptitious way that the Seattle Supersonics departed from the city under a cloud of deceit and mistrust ! Anyone who believes that Clay Bennett , his partners and David Stern acted with any degree of integrity . Then, I would like to gauge your interest in buying some prime residential property in the city of Damascus , Syria . Bennett having led his consortium in the purchase of the Supersonics and their relocation to Oklahoma City and for the franchise to be renamed the Oklahoma City Thunder . And the club itself , as the second seed within the Western Conference , are now in a highly competitive contest against the Memphis Grizzlies in their first round match-up .
I am not convinced that the Sacramento Kings remaining within the state capitol will be in the best interests of city itself ! At no point have either Joe and Gavin Maloof acted anyone’s interest but that their own ! And it is becoming abundantly clear that David Stern will now look for an “out” , as he seeks to enable the franchise to relocate outside the confines of Sacramento . Is there anything that NBA hierarchy is not prepared to do in order to facilitate David Stern’s less than lugubrious image ? And for the bumbling idiots who are still convinced that over the past five years the commissioner has been the right man to lead the NBA over the next decade . Simply look at his dealings with the NBPA , its executive committee and the mere fact that the team owners having pled poverty as to their own mismanagement of their finances , are still looking for the league to once again bail their ass out .
The Kings may well have been hemorrhaging money over the past few seasons as the residents within the Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento , but is anyone really surprised by this , given the lack of competitiveness of the franchise over that period of time ____ never-mind the lack of support in terms of the attendance at the venue over the past five years ? The Sacramento Kings remain one of the least supported teams within the NBA and I sincerely doubt that this will change , even with a change of environment ! And for the asinine fools who continue to make excuses as to the numerous reasons why the franchise should remain within the city . Simply look at the drain on resources of the city , meanwhile the city’s mayor continues to make a complete ass of himself . It never ceases to amaze how these politicians will continue to believe that kissing the ass of multi-millionaire franchise owner is simply in the best interest of the city’s residents ! Please think again because when it has it actually been in the best interest of a municipality when their tax-dollars are being used to fill the pockets of these already wealthy individuals ?
Well at long last Paul Silas saw fit to depart from the bowel of Hades ! Good God almighty , has there ever been a team that has been as woefully inept as the Charlotte Bobcats ? I’m sorry but bearing a 7-59 record to end your season , one doubt that this was how team owner Michael Jordan had envisaged the franchise’s season ending . I am not about to excuse Jordan’s input as to the makeup of this team and his working in conjunction with GM Rod Higgins . Kemba Walker may well have been drafted to be the “face of the franchise for the foreseeable future” . But this team has simply not been one that is complementary to the skills of the young rookie . Silas’ relationship with this young core roster has certainly been tenuous at times . And that has been in the aftermath of what was said to be an explosive and combustible bust-up between the former head coach and Tyrus Thomas . It has been these type of incidents and perhaps the fact that Silas’ own relationship with the team owner was described as being strained . Losing does tend to have that sort of an effect on a franchise and when an owner and coach are not said to be on the same page , then in effect you simply have a recipe for what will turn out to be an unmitigated disaster ! Is there any other way to describe the Bobcats’ entire season ?
Courtesy of USA Today
By Rachel Shuster , USA Today
The first shoe has dropped on the Charlotte Bobcats, who finished the NBA season at 7-59 , losing the last 23 in a row, and with the worst winning percentage … (.106) in league history.
Michael Jordan’s club announced Monday that Paul Silas, 68, will not return as coach after finishing his first full season at the helm. A search for his successor has begun.
“I would like to personally thank Paul for everything he has done for this team under some pretty unique circumstances,” Rod Higgins, Bobcats president of basketball operations, said in a statement. “His basketball experience as a coach and a player speak for themselves. We have been fortunate to have someone of his character associated with this franchise and we hope he will continue to be a valuable resource to us in the future.”
But not even Silas could turn around the fortunes of the Bobcats, who became so frustrated by the end that Tyrus Thomas even got into a locker room altercation with the coach.
Silas was named interim head coach in December 2010, then had the interim title removed in February 2011. He led the team to a 25-29 record (.463) over the remainder of 2010-11 and compiled an overall 32-88 record (.363) with the Bobcats.
Click on link to read this article in full .
With this vacancy now open to possible suitors it certainly will be interesting to see who will succeed Paul Silas . I for one could possibly see Michael Jordan doing the unexpected and traveling to Montana , to seek out his former Bulls’ head coach and mentor , Phil Jackson . Stranger things are known to have happened within the NBA and nothing would be out of the blue than to quite possibly see Jordan and Jackson working in unison once again, as they try to engineer a championship caliber NBA team . However , easier said than done , given the fact that Phil Jackson’s retirement has given the “Zen Master” a chance to reflect on his already legendary and distinguished career . career. Does he , now wish to return to the NBA , to coach a team that in all honesty , even if they were to in this upcoming NBA Draft gain that overall number one pick , would it be without a certainty that , Anthony Davis will be that guy ? God knows , the Charlotte Bobcats even with their history has strung together a number of dubious decision as it relates to their draft choices and this moribund organization ! .
History need not remind us that Michael Jordan as the former front office executive with the Washington Wizards , made what now remains the “biggest draft blunder ” in NBA history . Jordan would seek to make Kwame Brown the number one draft pick in the 2001 NBA Draft . Brown was picked ahead of more refined and accomplished college players . And when one peruses the list of the players in question who were chosen behind Kwame Brown , one has to wonder who the hell was providing Jordan with the advice and what the fu_king hell were they thinking to begin with ? I am sorry but the day when someone can convince me that Kwame Brown will be and has been a more complete and productive player than the likes of Tony Parker , Tyson Chandler and the slew of the other 29 players taken in the first round . Then either , Jordan had been prescribed some form of hallucinogenic medication or hell must’ve frozen over ! That decision has personified a number of reasons why the Wizards have never proceeded to show anything by way of competitiveness within the NBA during the time-span in question . At the same time one has to begin to question why it was that Michael Jordan wanted to become an owner within the NBA . His playing career is unparalleled with the exception of Bill Russell’s . it has been Jordan’s success , with which the modern era of NBA players’ careers will be adjudged , when it is all said and done .
Now while David Stern has welcomed Jordan as a front office executive and then team owner within the NBA . It has to be said that Michael Jordan’s success has been minuscule in either capacity . It would be fair to say that having bought the franchise from former Bobcats’ owner Robert L Johnson , the former NBA player was sold a ” bill of goods ” that has resembled a ” lemon “ ! And this Bobcats’ franchise is so far off from where it needs to be , to even be thought of as a legitimate contender within the NBA for a title . Hell, the Charlotte Bobcats at best would best be hard pressed to beat either a WNBA team or a D1 collegiate basketball program that just happened to be an entrant in the most recent NCAA Tournament .
Hard to fathom where the Charlotte Bobcats now go from here but in reality the only way has to be up . Either way , it remains to be seen what can be fathomed during this off-season and the decisions that will be made by this organization .
Picture gallery for your perusal .
What thoughts if any do you have concerning the points raised within this piece ? And also how do you see the ongoing events of the NBA postseason playing themselves out , as things are set in motion by way of the scheduled games ? By all means do leave a comment on the subject matter in question .
Picture and slide show details below .
(1) Mayor Kevin Johnson attends a news conference in Sacramento, Calif., Friday, April 27, 2012. Citing irreconcilable differences, Johnson said that a new arena deal between the city and the Maloof family , owners of the Sacramento Kings, is dead. AP Photo/ Rich Pedroncelli …
(2) (2) Brothers, George, left, Gavin second from left, and Phil Maloof , co owners of the Sacramento Kings leave the court after the Kings beat the Los Angeles Lakers 113-96 in a NBA basketball game in Sacramento, Calif., April 26, 2012. The Maloofs met with Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson earlier in the day and are expected to have another meeting Friday to try to reach a deal for a new arena for the team. AP Photo/ Rich Pedroncelli ….
(3) Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, center, goes to the basket between Los Angeles Lakers’ Andrew Goudelock , left, and Jordan Hill , right, during the second half of an NBA basketball game in Sacramento, Calif., April 26, 2012. The Kings won the final game of their season 113-96. AP Photo/ Rich Pedroncelli ….
(4) NBA Commissioner David Stern seen here speaking with members of the convened press at the 2012 NBA All Star Weekend in Orlando , Florida . Stern has met recently with the Sacramento Kings ownership as well with dignitaries from the Sacramento City Council to see if he can reinvigorate the talks between the two sides . There now seems to be an impasse with all things pointing toward a breakdown in the negotiations for a new venue for NBA franchise . City Mayor Kevin Johnson has cited ” irreconcilable differences” and the lack of good faith from the Maloof family for the breakdown in the talks . AP Photo / Karl Harrison …
(5) Center Tyson Chandler (6) of the New York Knicks stares after a flagrant foul against LeBron James (6) of the Miami Heat in Game One of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in the 2012 NBA Playoffs on April 28, 2012 at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. The Heat defeated the Knicks 100-67 . Photo by Marc Serota/Getty Images ……
(6) New York Knicks’ Amare Stoudemire leaves American Airlines Arena with his left arm in a sling after an NBA basketball game against the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs in Miami, Monday, April 30, 2012. The Heat defeated the Knicks 104-94 . AP Photo/Lynne Sladky …
(7) LeBron James ( 6) of the Miami Heat drives on Amar`e Stoudemire (1) of the New York Knicks during Game Two of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in the 2012 NBA Playoffs at American Airlines Arena on April 30, 2012 in Miami, Florida. Photo by Mike Ehrmann/ Getty Images … ….
(8) Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas, left, and his son and assistant coach Stephen Silas , right, sit on the bench during the final minutes of an NBA basketball game in Charlotte, N.C., Thursday, April 26, 2012. The New York Knicks won 104-84 . AP Photo/Chuck Burton ……
(9) Charlotte Bobcats’ D.J. White, left, Gerald Henderson , center, and Kemba Walker sit on the bench late in the second half of an NBA basketball game New York Knicks in Charlotte, N.C., Thursday, April 26, 2012. The Knicks won 104-84. Charlotte finished with the worst winning percentage in NBA history. AP Photo/Chuck Burton …
(10) From left to right , Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan , team GM Rod Higgins and now former coach , Paul Silas . Having stepped down from his position that saw the Bobcats post a 7-59 record this past season . Silas will be retained by the organization in some front office capacity . It is thought that Paul Silas will assist Higgins and team President Fred Whitfield in preparing for the upcoming 2012 NBA Draft Lottery . The team hopes that it will be in amongst the quintet of franchises vying for the right to acquire the Kentucky Wildcats’ … Anthony Davis , seen as the consensus #1 overall choice and the AP Collegiate Player of the Year . Davis having led the Wildcats to the NCAA Tournament title now seeks to make his mark in the NBA . AFP/Photo/Mark Tatum …..
Hot chic pic of the day . The amply endowed Denise Milani .