We Make A Lot of Money So We Can Spend a Lot Money , Like The Morons That We Are
Now while the political debate meanders on between two of the most inept Presidential candidates seeking to become President of the United States . I have to say that Barack Obama as the incumbent and Mitt Romney are giving me every reason why to find a bunker , remain there , until this whole election cycle , and process reaches a finality ! The banality of their respective campaigns , sniping at each other like infantile children , while offering little of anything tangible by way of dealing with the nation’s most acute issues . Both candidates bring along an “elitist mentality” and the alleged business acumen of Romney is only outshone by his complete idiocy as it relates to his insight on the US economy . That being said , Obama in his four years as the incumbent , has spent much of this nation’s wealth and good standing, like a sailor on furlough , who along the way has stopped at several whorehouses , seeking to gain some sexual gratification .
Slide show .
This election will be all about choosing between the “ lesser of two evils” , anyone who believes to the contrary had better take a back seat and watch this eventual train wreck actually take place !
As the NBA off-season takes on a whole new shape of idiocy and opinions of the bloggers within this forum . To my amazement the sheer incredulity and complete lack of insight , remains astonishing . Case in point , after the recent decision , made by the New York Knicks , and GM Glen Grunwald in not retaining the services of Jeremy Lin . It would appear that there are those who believe that the organization has erred in that decision . The franchise sought to sign free agent , and veteran point guard Jason Kidd , while also acquiring Raymond Felton in a trade with the Portland Trailblazers .
Lin eschewed re-signing with the New York Knicks , choosing instead to sign the $25 million three-year offer sheet of the Houston Rockets . Lost in all of this , has been Jeremy Lin’s ambiguity in stating that he wanted to remain with the Knicks but somehow he chose to take Rockets’ offer , in making him a full-time starter on a <a href=”http://nba.com/rockets/stats/”> team that this past season was woefully inept . The one positive thing that one can really say about Jeremy Lin , was that for initial first eight or nine games of his professional career with the Knicks , he acquitted himself well . However , fans who praised the young point guard simply overlooked the fact he remained an offensive liability in terms of handling the ball , leading to repeated turnovers (an NBA record of 57 thru’ those games) and on his defense , his game was less than marginally average . Instead , all that we could among the cacophony was the fact that “Lin-sanity” was here to stay and that the player was about to become a marketing phenomenon . In the NBA that is not what constitutes becoming a great player because if that were the case then any half-a#sed player now playing the position would be on their way to untold riches within the league.
The New York Knicks , now looked upon as the “ little engine that could not “ , for all of its grandeur and apparent wealth can be best described as an NBA franchise aimlessly going nowhere ! This was a team that during last season and during the NBA postseason had an aversion to playing any defense and that was in spite of a coaching change , with Mike Woodson being brought in to succeed Mike D’Antoni . In the first round of the playoffs the Knicks were summarily dispatched with consummate ease by eventual champions the Miami Heat . And although Lin was unable to contribute to the postseason foray of the New York Knicks , one seriously doubts that his participation would have changed the result beyond a reasonable doubt . Such was the inevitability of the whole spectacle that you have to wonder where this franchise now goes from here . Carmelo Anthony was the sole bright spot on this team during the postseason , while Amare’ Stoudemire , simply gave us one more reason , to now see him for the complete as#hole that he just happens to be !
If Dwight Howard is looking to make himself the most despised player in the NBA , then he and his agent Dan Fegan have now done enough to make that a reality . Howard has pretty much alienated himself within the greater Central Florida area . Albeit , that he has helped in this endeavor by the ongoing stupidity being shown by Orlando Magic executives COO Alex Martins and GM Rob Hennigan . In the time it would take the for the gestation period of a female pachyderm , this duo has yet to make a decision as a desired destination for the disgruntled center , who as of yesterday was still remains an Orlando Magic player . Martins and Hennigan , could not reach a compromise deal that would have sent Howard to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for Brook Lopez , several players and cash consideration . Instead , Nets’ GM Billy King re-signed his young center to a lucrative new deal that makes Lopez one of the focal points of a team that is being restructured to complement the talents of Joe Johnson and Deron Williams .
With that failed attempt to move Dwight Howard , the Orlando Magic have taken to desperation in seeking to off-load the center and are now willing to partner up multiple teams that would facilitate a deal . Entering the fray , we now have the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers seeking make such a premise a reality . Cavaliers’ GM Chris Grant is prepared to send Anderson Varejao to the Orlando , the Lakers sending Andrew Bynum to Cleveland , with GM Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers receiving Dwight Howard . Obviously , the intricacies of this deal are not as clear-cut as it would appear to be , as much of it would predicated upon Howard being willing to sign , a trade-and-sign deal . In the midst of this all , the three-time Defensive Player of the Year has stated , he would prefer to test the free agency market in 2013 , rather than sign a deal that would ultimately be to his benefit . Is it me but is Dan Fegan intent making his client look an even bigger ass than he already is ? Or could it be that Dwight Howard is the butt-hole we now know him to be ? I will let you be the judge of that !
The longer this preposterous saga has gone , the more we can see that the NBA hierarchy , the team owners and general managers can actually conduct business proficiently and with any degree of certainty , much less integrity . Then again , it is not as if the league or owners have conducted themselves honorably , as evidenced in last season’s overly long labor negotiations . Instead , David Stern and his minions antagonized the NBPA (union) to such an extent that we were left with a truncated regular season of 66 regular games that became a physical minefield for the players as well playing in the a postseason , that for all of its drama saw a slew of injuries that curtailed the hopes of a number of teams with championship aspirations . And let us not forget , the commissioner’s ambiguity as it relates to the officiating and the very fact that in his eyes the NBA referees can do no wrong .
My own feelings , over any perceived trade , is that it will set the Orlando Magic back from a competitive standpoint , and it certainly has not helped that the franchise has yet to name a successor to Stan Van Gundy , who was fired as the head coach at the end of the regular season . It has been this incessant and insipid stupidity that has come to characterize this basketball organization in recent years , never-mind the continued underachievement during Van Gundy ‘s reign.
It would be naïve to think that the addition of Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers would not make them better . However , in light of the progress of the Oklahoma City Thunder and the continued presence of the San Antonio Spurs and the ongoing maturation of the younger players on the Spurs’ roster leads me to believe that Mike Brown’s ….. players will be hard pressed to defeat either team in a seven-game playoff series in the postseason . One could point to the fact with the addition of Howard , that of seasoned veteran Steve Nash and as always , the competitive spirit of Kobe Bryant , the Lakers would remain a constant threat . Assessing the team as it is presently structured , there are still a number of flaws that need to be addressed , apart from the somewhat lackluster coaching ability of Mike Brown .
Do you believe that the trade of Jeremy Lin by way of a competitive standpoint , will we see the player’s improvement as he embarks upon a new phase in his career ? And what impressions do you have concerning the present situation as it relates to Dwight Howard ? By all means do leave a comment as you see fit .
Picture and slideshow details .
(1) Mitt Romney, left , and Barack Obama , two men who seek the position of Commander-in-Chief , and the de-facto leader of the Western hemisphere . Unfortunately , as their respective campaigns are ramped up , so too becomes the vitriolic exchanges and the asinine claims being made by both Presidential aspirants . AP Photo ….
(2) New York Knicks’ GM Glen Grunwald , center , is seen here with the franchise’s two most recent acquisitions , point guard , Jason Kidd , left , and center , Marcus Camby . Picture appears courtesy of ESPN @ copyrighted material all rights reserved …
(3) HOUSTON, TX – JULY 19: Jeremy Lin of the Houston Rockets displays his jersey with Houston Rockets owner Les Alexander during a press conference at Toyota Center on July 19, 2012 in Houston, Texas. Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images ….
(4) HOUSTON, TX – JULY 19: Jeremy Lin of the Houston Rockets speaks to the media as he is introduced during a press conference at Toyota Center on July 19, 2012 in Houston, Texas. Lin has signed a three year $25 million dollar contract with the Houston Rockets . Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images …
(5) Joe Johnson, left, and Deron Williams smile during a news conference introducing the Brooklyn Nets new back-court of All-Stars at Brooklyn Borough Hall, Friday, July 13, 2012, in the Brooklyn borough of New York in New York. The Nets NBA basketball team re-signed Williams and acquired Johnson. AP Photo/Mary Altaffer …
(6) FILE – In this April 9, 2012, file photo, Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, left, leaves the court after the Magic’s 119-89 win over the Detroit Pistons in an NBA basketball game in Orlando, Fla. Howard told ESPN.com he will have season-ending back surgery on Friday, April 20, to repair a herniated disk. The operation will also prevent Howard from playing in the Olympics in London. The player has now placed the Magic franchise in an unenviable position as he has stated he has no wish to sign a a sign-and-trade deal , preferring instead to “test” the free agency market in 2013 . albeit he also has no wish to remain in Orlando and be part of the Orlando Magic franchise . AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack …..
(7) Lakers’ head coach Mike Brown enjoys a good laugh while in attendance at a charity basketball event in El Segundo , California ,. Seated next to the coach is the team’s EVP & CEO Jim Buss , son of Lakers’ owner Dr Jerry Buss . Getty Images North America / Pat Rice …..
(8) Newly acquired Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Nash , left, holds his new jersey with general manager Mitch Kupchak at a news conference at the basketball team’s headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Wednesday, July 11, 2012. The Lakers acquired two-time league MVP Nash from the Phoenix Suns in exchange for first round draft picks in 2013 and 2015 as well as second round draft picks in 2013 and 2014, Kupchak said. AP Photo/Reed Saxon ….
(9) Agent Dan Fegan , left , is seen here with an associate as they go over files of a prospective client prior to the 2012 NBA Draft . Fegan also represents John Wall of the Washington Wizards . Matt Pool /AFP ….