Seven Years In Tibet Is An Eternity Watching The Cavaliers …… Well That’s Too
Painful A Thought To Have To Endure ………………………
So the Cleveland Cavaliers do know how to win after all ? Finally after 26 attempts they were able to overcome the Los Angeles Clippers . I’m sorry to say this but when the Clippers are in town and they essentially lay down like a wounded dog having been kicked to the ground I can only surmise that Vinny Del Negro’s —- team have been watching the films of Michael Vick’s former pets . Act like a wounded dog and you’ll be treated no better than a wounding dog that no one actually cares for ! And such has been the thoughts by the fans in general about the Los Angeles Clippers over the years.
Slide show for your perusal .
Twenty six games and as they say legends are made as the fans had the ignominy of seeing the Cavaliers become the team that had the worse losing record in terms of consecutive losses in all of professional sports. Cavaliers’ coach Byron Scott had to have been happy with this outcome and at the same time GM Chris Grant and team owner Dan Gilbert can feel some respite after all of the losing . Clearly however this team is a long way off from where they need to be . They at present have the worse record in the NBA and sit at the bottom of the Central Division of the Eastern Conference .
The game played at the Quicken Loans Arena
was all that could be expected from two teams literally fighting for their survival within the league. J J Hickson and Antawn Jamison would lead the charge for the team as the eked out a narrow victory over their opponents from the Western Conference . I’m sorry but when you have two teams that essentially aren’t going anywhere within the NBA this season you have to wonder about the state of the game and the product that David Stern is trying to get fans around the globe to enjoy.
Now Cavaliers’ fans can take heart in knowing that their team finally showed some heart but at the same it has me wondering can this team avoid losing 60 games this season ? I don’t know that they can but I do believe that they will end up with the worse record in the league !
As to the fate of the Clippers with the ownership led by Donald Sterling has never been competitive in nature nor has he the desire to win. And it certainly hasn’t helped that the team has to share the same venue as the Los Angeles Lakers . And given the Lakers’ history and legacy the Clippers have been left in their wake and rear view mirror. This Clippers’ team has been way too inconsistent for their own good this season and it’s becoming clear that if they don’t start competing or winning on a consistent basis then by the time Blake Griffin’s rookie contract is up for renewal there’ll be an ever decreasing chance that he would choose to remain with this organization.
Inasmuch as Dan Gilbert had made that rather infantile statement that the Cavaliers would indeed win an NBA title before LeBron James and the Miami Heat would have the chance to do so. Even if the statement had been made in anger it clearly shows that the demeanor and persona of the owner as a person. And granted NBA Commissioner David Stern saw fit to fine the owner for his behavior and several outrageous statements made. It just goes to show how out of touch the owners can be when it comes to the role of a player as an employee within the league. The NBPA and the existing collective bargaining agreement gives the players their right to opt out of a their contracts dependent on length of service after their initial first three years in the NBA . If an owner such as Gilbert doesn’t understand that then the statement made that he comes across as a slave owner with a large plantation of indentured slaves isn’t that far off in terms of its veracity .
While James was a player with the team Gilbert saw its value increase at least threefold to the point that it was valued at in excess of $400 million . Now the team might not be even worth anymore than $250 million at best, as such was LeBron James’ value to the organization simply not just from a competitive standpoint but also from an economic one as well.
LeBron James’ departure may well have been an abrupt one but the owner did himself no favors in firing Mike Brown , Byron Scotts’ predecessor and then allowing former GM Danny Ferry to leave. The biggest faux-pas on the part of Gilbert however while this whole debacle unfolded was his wish not to consult James as to who he would be hiring as Brown’s successor. That may well have been the straw to break the camel’s back and led to James making the choice that he did to pursue his career elsewhere. And while the fans in Cleveland may well have felt betrayed by the player’s actions I do feel that they ought to have looked at the actions of the team’s owner ! Does anyone truly believe that Jerry Buss would have acted in such a way were this Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson had been fired by the Lakers ? Common sense never was that profound it’d appear within the Cleveland Cavaliers’ organization (front office) and it appears there still isn’t any at this juncture .
Click on an individual frame to view that picture in its original formatted size.
Picture gallery for your perusal .
Well now that the Cleveland Cavaliers have a win finally to start as a new streak they now have the privilege of hosting another moribund and woefully inept team this upcoming Sunday when they play the Washington Wizards . Care to guess what the outcome of that game might be ?
With the Cavaliers now halting that now infamous streak how do you see them performing throughout the rest of the season ? And what thoughts if any do you have with regard to the Los Angeles Clippers and their immediate future ?
Picture and slide show details below.
Washington Wizards’ John Wall (2) drives past Cleveland Cavaliers’ Ryan Hollins (5) in the second quarter of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, in Cleveland. Washington snapped its 25-game road winless streak with a 115-100 win over the Cavaliers, who reverted to their losing ways one game after ending their record skid. AP Photo/Tony Dejak ……
(2) Cleveland Cavaliers’ Daniel Gibson , right passes the ball in front of Washington Wizards’ Nick Young during he second quarter of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, in Cleveland. Washington snapped its 25-game road winless streak with a 115-100 win Sunday night over the Cavaliers, who reverted to their losing ways one game after ending their record skid. AP Photo/Tony Dejak …….
(3) Cleveland Cavaliers coach Byron Scott watches during the fourth quarter of an NBA basketball game against the Washington Wizards on Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011, in Cleveland. Washington snapped its 25-game road winless streak with a 115-100 win Sunday night over the Cavaliers, who reverted to their losing ways one game after ending their record skid. AP Photo/Tony Dejak …..
(4) Los Angeles Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro reacts in overtime in an NBA basketball game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Friday, Feb. 11, 2011, in Cleveland. Nearly two months after it started, the Cavaliers stopped their NBA-record losing streak at 26 games on Friday night with a 126-119 win in overtime against the Clippers. AP Photo/Tony Dejak ……
(5) Cleveland Cavaliers’ J.J. Hickson, left, blocks a shot by Los Angeles Clippers’ Blake Griffin in the fourth quarter in an NBA basketball game Friday, Feb. 11, 2011, in Cleveland. Nearly two months after it started, the Cavaliers stopped their NBA-record losing streak at 26 games on Friday night with a 126-119 win in overtime against the Clippers. AP Photo/Tony Dejak ……..
(6) Cleveland Cavaliers’ Mo Williams (2) reacts after assisting teammate Antawn Jamison (4) in overtime in an NBA basketball game against the Los Angeles Clippers, Friday, Feb. 11, 2011, in Cleveland. Nearly two months after it started, the Cavaliers stopped their NBA-record losing streak at 26 games on Friday night with a 126-119 win in overtime against the Clippers. AP Photo/Tony Dejak ………..
NB: NBA news ……..
The Cavaliers would lose to the Wizards 115-100 .
So once again they’re back to zero in terms of a win streak .
Alan aka tophatal …………………………………
Eye candy ……………….. Hidden assets Carrie’s
“Thong of the day “ …….. Melanie
Gnarls Barkley ….feat’g….. Cee Lo Green & Dangermouse ……..“Crazy”