Tebow Failed To Deliver Manner From Heaven …Now What ?
By tophatal ……
In what was no doubt meant to be a game of historic proportions because the burden of expectation placed upon the shoulders of Tim Tebow when he and the Denver Broncos were guests of the New England Patriots in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs . In front of a sold out crowd and a national television audience of millions , fans witnessed what certainly was an exciting game . But the suspense the fans had hoped for simply wasn’t there . .
Slide show for your perusal .
Given the exploits of Tebow and the Broncos in their earlier victory (29-23) over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the wildcard round there was no denying that the fans had expected more of the same from the Broncos’ quarterback . Instead they saw a display from Tim Tebow that in essence may well one of the worst of young his young professional career in the NFL . Straight out of the box you simply knew that the Denver Broncos would be having problems with this prolific Patriots’ offense .
In what can only be described as a game littered with errors most notably by the Broncos’ quarterback we clearly saw that Tim Tebow in spite of his faith is clearly learning his craft as he goes . Whether or not the Broncos’ front office can continue along this path John Elway and Brian Xanders may well pursue another direction in terms of a proven quarterback . Whether or not it is a prospective free agent or any one of the college quarterbacks who have declared for the 2012 NFL Draft .
The two opposing head coaches Bill Belichick and John Fox with their track records had their teams prepared to play but for the Denver Broncos this was to be their last taste of the big time exposure . The fans of the Broncos in awe of Tim Tebow’s exploits now must look to the organization’s future and whether or not it is with their quarterback at the helm of this team . As faithful and loyal as these fans have been surely they must now realize that while the player was at times inspired it was his failure to show adjust under pressure when his team was facing a deficit , as they were in this game . This game was essentially over by the end of the first half as the Patriots had already registered 35 points on the scoreboard .
And if there was a doubt about the New England Patriots’ defense, then today the secondary simply stepped up their game and showed that when called upon they there to answer the call. Tom Brady already no stranger to the postseason simply made this game an exhibition of in terms of his craft . With tight ends Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski simply taking their games to another level in what ought to have been a game of two highly competitive teams. Brady went off the charts as he threw for 6 touchdowns in the game (in regulation) tying the postseason record of Daryle Lamonica whose exploits are well-known to the Los Angeles Raiders’ fans .
Now one could surmise that this really was Tebow’s baptism of fire because his exploits against the Pittsburgh Steelers though exciting he was never truly placed under any great pressure by the Steelers’ secondary during that wildcard round game . Granted , the one event that simply stood out was his eighty yard strike to DeMaryius Thomas in overtime that ended the game and sent the raucous Broncos’ fans into ecstasy .
Tom Brady may well have played a terrific game but Rob Gronkowski and performance ( 10 rec’s , 145 yds, 3TD’s [ 14.5 yd avg. ]2) stood out in so many ways . If the New England Patriots can keep up this momentum when they host either the Baltimore Ravens or Houston Texans in the AFC championship game to played on 22nd January , 2012 . This was very much a collective performance by the Patriots and it may well be seen as vindication and some cases as a form of retribution of sorts with the fact that Josh McDaniels was on the sidelines for the team as their offensive coordinator with Bill O’Brien having accepted the position at Penn State .
In terms of the aspirations of the Denver Broncos and their totally unexpected run in the postseason alongside their improbable win of the AFC West . Given the poor play within the division by it is simply another thing to really expect the Denver Broncos to go deep into the playoffs . As good as they were , their postseason heroics while exciting this team was simply anemic in terms of its offensive output during the playoffs and much of that must rest squarely upon the shoulders of Tim Tebow.
New England Patriots’ owner Robert Kraft having been through an emotional off-season with the loss of his late wife Myra Kraft and being at the forefront of the league hierarchy’s efforts as the face of the team owners during those rather labored negotiations with the NFLPA . He can now seek solace from this victory as the team and organization now embark upon another chase for a fourth Superbowl title .
As an avid Patriots’ fan this victory to my mind was inevitable because I felt that the longer the Broncos’ run was maintained during the postseason the more inclined it was for the wheels on the Tebow bus to have a flat ! His erratic and sometimes inspired play would eventually find a way to catch up with him . If the coaching staff (quarterbacks’ coach Adam Gase) of the Broncos simply cannot make this player understand the nuances of the game without then he simply becomes a liability for the whole organization . It became abundantly clear that during this game that once the New England Patriots pulled out to a wide lead in this game , it became inevitable that the Broncos and in particular their fans saw that the curtain was being brought down upon their show. I would like to think that the Broncos can possibly be a legitimate contender within the AFC but much of that must be now be predicated upon whether or not Tim Tebow remains in the future plans of John Elway and Brian Xanders . At this juncture no one really knows , albeit that from an economic standpoint the player has been the needle that has driven the upswing in revenues for the franchise and that has to be something that entire front office as well as team owner Pat Bowlen has to be thinking about .
Picture gallery for your perusal .
What were your impressions of this game in terms of the performances of the Denver Broncos and New England Patriots ? And how do you see the future of Tim Tebow panning out ? Will he be a part of the Broncos’ future or quite possibly do you see him playing for another NFL franchise next season ? Leave a comment as you see fit .
Picture and slide show details below.
(1) FOXBORO, MA – JANUARY 14: Rob Gronkowski (#87) of the New England Patriots celebrates by spiking the ball after he scored a 12-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter against the Denver Broncos during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images …
(2) (2) Tom Brady (12) of the New England Patriots throws a pass against the Denver Broncos during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. The Patriots would defeat the Denver Broncos 45-10 and now await the winner of the game between the Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans for the right to be the AFC championship representative in the Superbowl ( SBXLVI) . Elsa /Getty Images ……..
(3) Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos is sacked by Shaun Ellis (94) of the New England Patriots during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Elsa/Getty Images ….
(4) Demaryius Thomas (88) of the Denver Broncos is tackled by Dane Fletcher (52) of the New England Patriots during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Elsa/Getty Images …….
(5) Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos kneels and prayers with teammates and members of the New England Patriots after the Patriots won 45-10 during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Elsa/Getty Images …. ….
(6) (6) Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos walks on the sideline against the New England Patriots during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images …
(7) Stevan Ridley (22) of the New England Patriots runs with the ball against the Denver Broncos during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images … ….
(8) Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos congratulates Vince Wilfork (75) of the New England Patriots after the Patriots won 45-10 during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images …..
(9) Tim Tebow (15) of the Denver Broncos congratulates head coach Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots after the Patriots won 45-10 during their AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium on January 14, 2012 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images … ……
(10) Tebow does only “win” on Sunday because God’s eyes were watching him then . Any other day he’s simply disinterested ! A New England Patriots fan holds up a sign during the second half of an NFL divisional playoff football game between the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012, in Foxborough, Mass. AP Photo/Stephan Savoia ….
New England Patriots’ news =================================================================================================
If at all interested by all means do take time to participate in the poll shown .
Snoop-Dogg ….. & …. Wiz Khaifia …..feat’g Bruno Mars ……. ” Young , Wild & Free ”